Posted 23 September 2011, by Tom Remington, Black Bear Blog (Skinny Moose), skinnymoose.com/bbb/
We all know the radical and violent nature of the Animal Liberation Front. They are up to their usual tricks. In Oregon they decided to trespass and destroy private property in order to free domestic elk at the Damascus Elk Farm in Clackamus, Oregon.
Obviously this is ignorant and demented behavior on the part anyone participating in such actions.
So, where is the state of Oregon on this? Last I checked most government organizations in Oregon opposed any form of elk ranching. Maybe they were behind this? Or are turning a convenient eye in the other direction?
They might even consider what Idaho did several years ago when an elk rancher there had some of his elk escape his enclosure. They just hired people to come in and shoot all the elk they could find.
Whether from terrorists groups like ALF or our government, there is no respect for private property.
Makes me ill.
- Abolition Of Private Property
- Oregon Property Owners Being Stripped Of Rights
- Is Licensing Of Elk Ranches A Threat To Property Rights?
- Help Preserve Property Rights And Protect The Idaho Elk Breeders
- Maine Bill: “An Act to Protect Owners of Private Property Against Trespass”