Posted16 September 2011, by Staff, Sterling Insights, sterlinginsights.com
WHAT IS PERMACULTURE?
Permaculture (permanent agriculture/culture) is the use of Ecology as the basis for designing integrated systems of food production, housing, technology, & community development. The objective is to produce an efficient, low-maintenance, productive integration of plants, structures & people, to obtain on-site stability & food self-sufficiency in the smallest practical area.
WHO IS BILL MOLLISON?
Bruce Charles ‘Bill’ Mollison (born 1928 in Tasmania, Australia) is a researcher, author, scientist, teacher and naturalist. He is considered to be the ‘father of permaculture‘, an integrated system of design, co-developed with David Holmgren, that encompasses not only agriculture, horticulture, architecture and ecology, but also economic systems, land access strategies and legal systems for businesses and communities.
Bill Mollison, father of Permaculture, gives insight into the techniques, practices and benefits of the most important interdisciplinary earth science of our age. Watch the following videos to learn about his concepts:
THE PERMACULTURE CONCEPT – Part 1
THE PERMACULTURE CONCEPT – Part 2
THE PERMACULTURE CONCEPT – Part 3
THE PERMACULTURE CONCEPT – Part 4
THE PERMACULTURE CONCEPT – Part 5
THE PERMACULTURE CONCEPT – Part 6
DRYLAND PERMACULTURE STRATEGIES – Part 1
DRYLAND PERMACULTURE STRATEGIES – Part 2
DRYLAND PERMACULTURE STRATEGIES – Part 3
BILL MOLLISON BIBLIOGRAPHY:
- Permaculture One: A Perennial Agriculture for Human Settlements (with David Holmgren, Trasworld Publishers, 1978) ISBN 978-0938240006
- Permaculture Two: Practical Design for Town and Country in Permanent Agriculture (Tagari Publications, 1979)
- Permaculture – A Designer’s Manual (1988) ISBN 978-0908228010
- Introduction to Permaculture (1991, Revised 1997) ISBN 978-0908228089
- The Permaculture Book of Ferment and Human Nutrition (1993, Revised 1997) ISBN 978-0908228065
- Travels in Dreams: An Autobiography (1996) ISBN 978-0908228119
- The Permaculture Way: Practical Steps To Create A Self-Sustaining World, with Graham Bell (2005) ISBN 978-1856230285
- Smart Permaculture Design, with Jenny Allen (2006) ISBN 978-1877069178