Posted 17 August 2011, by Staff, ABC-AZ (Fineko Informational & Analytic Agency), abc.az
Consultant Azad Aliyev has reported that creation of independent wood agency or committee will enable to expand authorities of Ecology and Natural Resources Ministry’s relevant department.
In turn national expert of Justice Ministry of Azerbaijan Matanat Asgarova has told that by present within FLEG programs jointly realized by the World Bank, IVCN, WWF, ENPI, there have been developed proposals envisaging creation of Wood Association to attract local communities and block committees to forest management control process.
” Also it is planned to develop new blanket acts defining limits of organizations’ authorities and responsible for fulfillment of this code’s points on the basis of over 50 regulations aimed at implementation of Forest Code. The draft proposals are also planned to be supplemented by introduction of rules regulating the process of forest planting and landscaping with the use of corresponding international experience “,- M. Asgarova noted.
- 1.5-2 cu m of firewood per person used in Azerbaijan in autumn-winter period
- Corruption in forest control system announced in Baku
- In July Environment & Natural Resources Ministry received 120 complaints
- BASF acceded to raising quality of occupational standards in Azerbaijan
- Illegal wood-felling worth over 77,000 manat registered in Azerbaijan from early 2011
- IMF called the USA for complex of domestic and international measures for support of development
- 62 million children around world involved in hazardous jobs
- Azerbaijan and Serbia signed an investment protection agreement
- 95% of forest fires in Azerbaijan occur because of holidaymaker negligence
- ‘Variable silkworm’ epidemic transfers to Azerbaijan from Russia